Feel free to leave a Comment so I know you stopped by!







Wednesday 21 April 2010

Paper Flowers Light String


Just thought I'd show you part of a string of paper lights I created from following a tutorial and customising it a bit. I really enjoyed making these flowers and wanted to use them in my new craft room. I went to Homebase and bought a "really" cheap string of indoor lights. I attached all the paper "petals" around each bulb to create the "flower head" with the bulb sticking out. As I say, I have these on a shelf in my craft room and when lit it really creates a tranquil effect! My daughters have asked me to make them each a string of paper flower lights for their rooms, above their beds. I think they would also look great in the garden wrapped around a parasol (although the bulb wire would be a lot thicker.)
I know the pic is small but I couldn't upload the whole string of lights - It was just a glare!
The link to the tutorial is here:http://www.kaisercraft.net/pdfs/paper-craft/origami-flower.pdf
Love to hear what you think!

No comments: